Emirates, a global connector of people and places, today celebrated the opening of its 37th dedicated lounge for First Class and Business Class customers as well as Platinum and Gold members of Emirates Skywards, the airline’s frequent flyer program, at Los Angeles International Airport.
The Emirates Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport represents a USD6.2 million investment on the part of the airline, to provide an experience of seamless luxury and comfort to its premium customers.
As the second largest airport in the United States in the second largest metropolitan area in America, the Emirates Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport offers Emirates’ premium services even before customers step on board. The décor in the dedicated Emirates Lounge provides a seamless transition to the elegant environment of the onboard First Class and Business Class offering with a colour palette reflecting the neutral, earthy tones that customers have come to associate with the Emirates brand.
The grand opening was marked by a ribbon-cutting ceremony that included Mohammed Mattar, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President Airport Services, and Barry Rondinella – Director of Operations from Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA).
“Our third dedicated airport lounge in the US underpins our commitment to providing our premium customers with a great travel experience, and delivering on the high standards they have come to expect from Emirates. A nod to the Golden Age of air travel, the new lounge design is inspired by the understated luxury of our lounges in Dubai’s Concourse A, and is reflective of the discerning tastes of our premium customers”, said Mohammed H. Mattar, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President – Airport Services.
“We pay great attention to detail, from the on-ground experience, to the onboard product and service. Before they even board the plane, premium customers enjoy exclusive chauffeur drive service, dedicated airport check-in counters, and luxurious lounge facilities – this is part of our philosophy, to deliver uncompromised quality”, added Mr. Mattar.
The airline started flying to Los Angeles in 2008 with a Boeing 777-200LR. In December 2013, Emirates introduced the 490 seat Airbus A380, powered by US made GE GP7200 engines, a direct response to demand – with over one million Emirates’ customers travelling between Los Angeles and Dubai to date. Passenger traffic at LAX is over 70 million serving the Pacific Region, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India, all of which are destinations in Emirates’ global network which spans six continents.
“Working together, Emirates and LAX partnered to provide and then create a space where travellers can experience a world-class dedicated First Class and Business Class Lounge,” said Gina Marie Lindsey, Executive Director, Los Angeles World Airports. “I congratulate Emirates on conceiving, constructing and offering an unforgettable experience that gives passengers both luxury and comfort.”
Located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal, the new Emirates Lounge offers seating for up to 157 customers covering an area of 840 square meters. The fresh design has the same attention to detail as the other Emirates’ lounges throughout the world, where guests can enjoy an array of luxurious facilities and amenities that include a terrace view, LED TVs, comfortable leather armchairs, a choice of formal and relaxed seating, a dining area featuring a range of global cuisines, shower facilities, business centre, and bespoke artwork.
First Class and Business Class customers can also take advantage of an exclusive private Chauffeur-drive service to Los Angeles International Airport, a service that extends up to 60 miles from the airport.
The Emirates Lounge:
- Can be availed by Emirates First Class and Business Class customers as well as Skywards Platinum and Gold members.
- Offers its guests an extensive open buffet of gourmet dishes from both the United States and around the world, as well as a complimentary full-bar service including premium wine, spirits and champagne
- Offers services including; a fully equipped business centre with complimentary Wi-Fi connection across the lounge area, TV and reading areas, shower facilities and a prayer room
- Offering seating for 157 customers with an area of 840 square meters with duty free shopping views.
- Elegant architectural features & finishes, stylish interior spaces, timber trellis work, bespoke furniture; all form a seamless part of our In-house designing efforts
- Furnished with Italian marble floors, Gold Rolex clocks, leather armchairs and Walnut wood finish, in line with the worldwide Emirates quality standards.
- With the opening of the new Lounge in Los Angeles, Emirates now operates 37 dedicated lounges around its six-continent network including lounges in Auckland, Bangkok, Beijing, Birmingham, Brisbane, five lounges in Dubai, Colombo, Delhi, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Glasgow, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester, Milan. Munich, Melbourne, Mumbai, New York – JFK, Paris – Charles de Gaulle, Perth, Rome, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Shanghai and Zurich.
Ugandan travelers can fly daily to Los Angeles through Dubai. Emirates provides a daily flight from Entebbe to Dubai that connects to Los Angeles.